PRODUCTION MANAGER POSITION OPENING
Performance Space 122, a not‐for-profit, New York City institution founded over 30 years ago, is recognized internationally for its presentations of contemporary theater, dance, music and live art.
Currently PS122 is in the midst of one of the most radical transitions of its history, spurred by a complete renovation of our home in the East Village. To ensure health and sustainability upon our return to 150 First Avenue, Performance Space 122 has begun a fundraising campaign which includes outfitting our two new theater spaces.
Performance Space 122 is seeking a Production Manager to oversee the technical productions of PS122’s programming, tours, special events and rentals. Working closely with the Capital Campaign Team, the Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing the equipment purchase and outfitting of the two new theaters in our renovated building.
Performance Space 122’s Programming team consists of the Artistic Director, the Creative Producer, the Production Manager and over‐hire technical crew as necessary. The Programming Team will grow as we gear up to move back to the newly renovated building slated for 2016. The position requires an integrated collaborative approach and works closely with the Artistic Director, Creative Producer, PS122’s presenting & commissioned artists and the Individual Giving and Special Event Manager for special events.
Programming | Special events
- Coordinate all technical aspects of PS122’s programming, tours and special events
- Working closely with the Programming Team and artists, identify and secure offsite venues
- Review all technical riders, create and manage show‐specific budgets and general production operations budget
- Create and update technical plots as necessary
- Review all productions related clauses in presenting and special events contracts.
– Supervise and staff technical crew over‐hires as needed
- Create and update shared production schedule
- Manage and maintain offsite storage, ensuring PS122’s equipment is in good working condition and meets all safety requirements
- Secure, manage and coordinate all aspects of equipment rentals
- Maintain an accurate inventory of PS122’s equipment
- Maintain PS122’s two theaters in a professional manner suitable for corporate and theatrical rentals
- Staff and coordinate all production aspects as required to accommodate rental company’s productions needs. (Applicable after returning to the renovated facility in 2016)
New Theaters/ Building
- Develop, design, purchase and manage installation of all equipment (including platform and seating) for the two new theaters, dressing rooms and productions office
- Working close the Capital Campaign Manager and the Managing Director, develop capital budget for theater outfitting
- Manage an enhanced tech / production team
- Minimum of 3‐5 years of experience in working in the production department within a presenting institution, non‐profit experience preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be self‐directed and can work independently but must also be able to work collaboratively with the Programming Department and Finance Department.
- Proficiency with VectorWorks/ AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google docs/Google sites is required
- Valid Driver’s license preferred
- Experience as Master Electrician preferred but not required, basic rigging and construction skills are a plus
- Familiarity with contemporary performance arts and Performance Space 122’s programming
PS122 is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary and full benefits. The Production Manager position is available immediately.
To apply for PS122 Production Manager please submit your resumé, cover letter, as well as three professional references to [email protected], with “Production Manager” in the subject. Application deadline is June 6th, 2014. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.