PS122 seeks an INTERIM GRANT WRITER to join the External Affairs Team
Performance Space 122, a not-for-profit, New York City institution founded over 30 years ago, is recognized internationally for its presentations of contemporary theater, dance, music and live art.
Currently PS122 is in the midst of one of the most radical transitions of its history, spurred by a compete renovation of our home in the East Village. To ensure health and sustainability upon our return to 150 First Avenue Performance Space 122 has begun a fundraising campaign lead by our External Affairs team.
Performance Space 122’s External Affairs team is lead by the Artistic Director, and comprised of the Communications & Branding Manager, the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager, the Institutional Giving & Capital Campaign Manager, the Creative Technology Developer (full time), and the Box Office / Patron Relations Manager (approx 32 hours per week) as well as hourly box office & FOH staff as required. The team is responsible for all earned and unearned revenue strategy and execution.
Performance Space 122 is seeking an Interim Grant Writer to perform the necessary duties of the permanent Institutional Giving Manager during an approx. 9-week maternity leave. The position is a part-time temporary position designed to provide continuity to Performance Space 122’s grant writing needs. The Interim Grant Writer will execute on strategies laid out by the Institutional Giving Manager prior to her leave.
The Interim Grant Writer position will commence on 2/10/2014 through 4/25/2013 for a total of 9 weeks. This timeframe includes 1 weeks training period with the Institutional Giving Manager and 1 week overlap at the end of the position. This is a fee based, 1099 Contractor based hire. Fee is at set at $2,500 for estimated 50 hours of work.
- Write and submit all foundations and government grants due within the above stated period
o 3 foundation grants (renewal)
o 1 NEA project grant
o 2-3 NYSCA project grants
o 4 municipal level funding applications
- Write and file all report due within the above stated period
o 1 foundation general operating support report
- Maintain and update all relevant tracking documents / database as it pertains to institutional giving
- Manage relationships with all funders
o Thank you letters as necessary
o Fill out and complete grant contracts as necessary
- Minimum of 3-5 years of grant writing experience, specifically with experience successfully securing government grants (NEA & NYSCA).
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree preferred.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Familiarity with contemporary performance arts and Performance Space 122’s programming
- The successful candidate must be self-directed and can work independently but must also be able to work collaboratively with the Programming Department and Finance Department.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Googledocs/Google sites is required. Working knowledge of Ovationtix, Donor Tools & Mailchimp or comparable software is a plus.
- The successful candidate must be able to come into our Greenpoint Office at least once a week.
PS122 is an equal opportunity employer. Detail list of grants applications and report covered by this contract maybe provided upon request or during interview. During the contracted period, should grant application opportunities arise outside of the stated scope, a new fee maybe negotiated.
To apply for PS122 Interim Grant Writer please submit your resumé, cover letter, 1-2 grant writing samples, as well as three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Interim Grant Writer” in the subject. Application deadline is November 25th, 2013. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.