Performance Space 122 is seeking a candidate to take on the dual role of Assistant to Artistic Director & Producing Assistant to provide administrative support to the Programming Department. The Programming team consists of the Artistic Director, the Creative Producer, the Production Manager and over-hire technical crew as necessary. The position requires an integrated collaborative approach and works closely with the Artistic Director and the Creative Producer, PS122’s presenting & commissioned artists and the Individual Giving and Special Event Manager for special events. The position is a Permanent Part Time position working 20 hours a week for an annual salary of $18,500.
- Assistant to Artistic Director (AD)
- Maintain the AD’s calendar and schedule appointment as needed
- Task management and tracking for AD
- Assist with drafting and handling AD’s correspondence as necessary; maintain the flow of inter department communications
- Assist with AD’s travel arrangement, itinerary and file expense report
- Maintain AD’s contact list
- Provide general administrative support for the AD
- Arrange artists accommodations and travel arrangement as necessary
- Assist Creative Producer with drafting invoices, check requests, expense reports.
- Assist Creative Producer with certain drafting artists/venue contracts
- Assist Creative Producer with sourcing all necessary information from artists including bios, program descriptions, video, photos, w-9s, intake sheets and additional info as needed
- Maintain all digital, hard copy & multimedia Programming files
- Maintain and update programming tracking documents
- Assist with artists/venue/visa research as necessary
- Provide general administrative support for the Programming Team as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in performance arts, arts administrations or equivalent related experience.
- Experience in Administrative support, internship experience in cultural organizations preferred.
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be self-directed and can work independently but must also be able to work collaboratively with the Programming Department.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Docs/Google sites is required
- Familiarity with contemporary performance arts and Performance Space 122’s programming
PS122 is an equal opportunity employer. The Assistant to Artistic Director & Producing Assistant position is available immediately.
To apply for PS122 Assistant to Artistic Director & Producing Assistant please submit your resumé, cover letter, as well as three professional references to [email protected], with “Assistant to Artistic Director & Producing Assistant” in the subject. Application deadline is Sep 22th, 2014. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.