PS122 seeks an Interim Individual Giving & Special Event Coordinator
Performance Space 122, a not-for-profit, New York City East Village institution founded 30 years ago, is recognized internationally for its presentations of contemporary theatre, dance, music and live art.
Currently PS122 is in the midst of one of the most radical transitions of its history, spurred by a compete renovation of our home in the East Village. To ensure health and sustainability upon our return to 150 Frist Avenue Performance Space 122 has begun a fundraising campaign lead by our External Affairs team.
Performance Space 122’s External Affairs team is lead by the Artistic Director, and comprised of the Communications & Branding Manager, the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager, the Institutional Giving & Capital Campaign Manager, the Creative Technology Developer (full time), and the Box Office / Patron Relations Manager (approx 32 hours per week) as well as hourly box office & FOH staff as required. The team is responsible for all earned and unearned revenue strategy and execution.
Performance Space 122 is seeking an Interim Individual Giving & Special Event Coordinator to perform the necessary duties of the permanent Individual Giving & Special Events Manager during an approx. 12-week maternity leave. The position is a part-time temporary position designed to provide continuity to Performance Space 122’s individual donors. The Interim Individual Giving & Special Event Coordinator will execute on strategies laid out by the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager prior to her leave.
The Individual Giving & Special Events Coordinator position will commence on 4/17/2013 through 7/31/2013 for a total of 15 weeks, working 30hrs per week at $17.50 per hour. This timeframe includes 2 weeks training period with the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager and 1 week overlap at the end of the position.
- To attend weekly staff meetings, External Affairs Team meetings, and necessary project based meetings.
- To attend Board Meetings and report on Individual Giving & Special Events activities
- Manage and oversee interns as necessary
- Assist the Institutional Giving & Capital Campaign Manager with the Give Performance Space (GPS) Campaign
- Assist the Managing Director with Board relations and schedule FY14 individual Board member meetings.
Execute the Spring Gala as laid out by the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager:
- Coordinate with the Lead Producer, Technical Producer and the Auction Coordinator
- Coordinate with venue contacts
- Oversee all aspects of the successful execution of the Gala.
- Managing and coordinate the Gala Committee as necessary.
- Work closely with the External Affairs team regarding communications material as necessary
- Oversee and coordinate with all volunteers and staff for load-in, installation, day of and load out of the gala.
- Work closely with Box Office & Patron Relations Manager on ticketing to accommodating all levels of donors.
- Manage the distribution of thank you letters to donors and attendees
- Working closely with the Managing Director, assist and facilitate pledges collection
- Manage Auction Coordinator and oversee post-gala auction items delivery
- In consultation with the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager, begin planning process of the 2014 Season Launch slated for Sept 2013.
- Work with the Communications & Branding Manager and the Institutional Giving Managers to create dynamic, collaborative and integrated strategies for developing a Micro Campaign in June 2013.
- Perform weekly checks on Ovationtix and process all individual contributions
- Ongoing prospecting of new donors for general operating support and for the GPS campaign
- In consultation with the Individual Giving & Special Event Manager, Artistic Director and Managing Director, prospect and cultivate new Board Members
- In consultation with the Individual Giving & Special Event Manager, Artistic Director and Managing Director begin planning and soliciting “Seed Gifts” for FY14 End of Calendar Year Campaign.
Data / Financial Management
- Ensure all donor data are entered into Donor Tools in a timely and accurate manner
- Work with External Affairs Team to ensure data accuracy in OvationTix, Mailchimp, and audience/program tracking documents.
- Work with Managing Director and the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager to ensure data accuracy in OvationTix, Donor Tools and Quickbooks.
- To work within the budget as set forth by the Individual Giving & Special Events Manager
- Track income and expenses responsibly, work with the Managing Director to ensure that programs are delivered within the available resources.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in related capacity with an emphasis on Individual Giving & Special Events
- The successful candidate must be self-directed and can work independently but must also be able to work collaboratively in team situation as a core member of the External Affairs Team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Googledocs/Google sites is required. Working knowledge of Ovationtix, Donor Tools & Mailchimp or comparable software is a plus.
PS122 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for PS122 Interim Individual Giving & Special Event Coordinator please submit your resumé and cover letter, as well as three professional references to email@example.com, with “Interim Individual Giving & Special Event Coordinator” in the subject. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.